Decisions following consultation on GCSEs and A levels
The decisions follow a public consultation on the assessment arrangements for the reformed qualifications. They cover the following reformed GCSE subjects:
And reformed GCSEs, AS and A levels in the following subjects:
Ofqual has produced a short document explaining the decisions it has taken. The key decisions are summarised below.
Summary of decisions
1. Ofqual has previously confirmed that new AS and A level qualifications will not be tiered, and that new GCSEs should only be tiered where a single set of assessments cannot in a valid and manageable way assess students across the full ability range. None of the GCSEs included in today’s announcement will be tiered.
2. Ofqual has finalised the assessment objectives for all subjects included in today’s announcements.
3. The balance of exam and non-exam assessment for new qualifications in these subjects is detailed in the table below. The current % is in brackets*.
Remaining 2016 subjects
Ofqual and the DfE have also recently consulted in parallel on the content and assessment arrangements for a further group of qualifications planned for first teaching in September 2016. These are:
1. GCSEs in: citizenship studies, cooking and nutrition, design and technology, drama and religious studies.
2. AS qualifications and A levels in: drama and theatre, and religious studies.
3. The results of this consultation will be announced in February 2015.
|Review Magazines. All rights reserved Tel: 01234 348878 Fax: 01223 790191 Email: email@example.com Sitemap|